Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tomorrow is the BIG day!

I can't believe how bad I have been at updating this blog! Preston will be 5 months old a week from Saturday. He's such a joy to be around! He is giggling a lot more now and he's rolling now all over the place! He also inch worms all over the house. I take my eyes off him for 2 seconds and he's half way across the room! He's started getting up way too early. When he first started sleeping through the night at 2 months old he would sleep in until between 8 - 9 am. His bedtime is 8:30 so he was getting about 12 hrs sleep. At the time he wasn't napping that great but I didn't care because I started each day feeling very well rested. Well slowly over the last 6 weeks or so he's started getting up earlier and earlier! Today it was 4:30. He doesn't cry to get up and it was suggested to me that it's a developmental thing and he wakes to pratice newly aquired skills. I hope and pray he starts sleeping in later at some point!!!

Preston has fallen in love with his jolly jumper. He'll play in that thing for hours! He'll play in it so long he'll fall asleep in it!

Well tomorrow is the big day. Preston's first airplane ride! Yesterday I cleaned the house and today I am doing the laundry and packing as much as I can. I am really nervous about this flight. I hope and pray that he doesn't have a screaming fit because I know it will tense me up!!! I am so excited for him to meet my family and all of my friends! My parents throwing him a huge BBQ a week from Saturday. It should be fun and I will get to see a lot of my extended family.

I've been a bit worried about Manny. During our ride on Sunday he stepped in a really deep hole. He seemed fine but on our last trot his seemed very out of wack. Not off or lame just wrong. Well when we got back I noticed swelling on his chest/shoulder area. There was also heat there so I gave it a good cold hosing. Sarah told me that as of last night the swelling was almost gone. She is going to trot him out tonight and check how he moves it. I have had a hard time falling asleep since it happened questioning if I should call the vet out or not. I was afraid something tore. My fingers are crossed that all is fine. I know he is in the best care possible and if Sarah thinks it's something serious she will call the vet.

Anyways I'm off to get more packing done!!!! I'm hoping and praying that he sleeps most of the way tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment